Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Mediocriticism

I've started a new blog for reviewing films (and possibly books and anything else I feel like, though I don't think there'll be much demand for any more desk reviews).

The first few are sample reviews I did for Total Film- hence the varying lengths and screen-defying paragraph lengths, but I'll probably try a few other magazines' styles before abandoning the idea that anyone might actually pay (or at least encourage) me to review films, and adopt a style much like that of one Team Smithy.

Having said that, I vehemently deny any suggestions that my reviews are derived from his, apart from when we go to the cinema together and he points out the various flaws of the film while I'm still basking in the fading glow of the silver screen. I would have reached the same conclusions eventually- honest!

1 comment:

TeamSmithy said...

So how many words are you going to employ in irrelevantly complaining about Mark Millar at the end of every review?

Because that's the true TeamSmithy spirit.